Harris County Water Control and Improvement District No. 145 (the “District”), a political subdivision of the State of Texas located within Harris County, Texas, contains approximately 1,800 acres of land development known as Copperfield. The District is located approximately 25 miles northwest of Houston’s central business district in the vicinity of the intersection of State Highway 6 (“SH 6”)and U.S. Highway 290, directly north of the intersection of SH 6 and Farm-to-Market 529, and is entirely within the exclusive extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Houston. The District provides facilities for the drainage of land within its boundaries. Other utility districts provide water supply, wastewater collection and treatment, and storm sewer facilities to District residents.
The rights, powers, privileges, authority and functions of the District are established by the general laws of the State of Texas pertaining to water control and improvement districts, including particularly Chapter 49 and 51 of the Texas Water Code.
The District is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of five (5) Board members elected by the registered voters of the District, who manage and supervise all affairs of the District. Board members must either own property within the District or be a registered voter within the District. Each Board member is elected to serve a staggered, four (4) year term. The District’s current Board members are as follows:
- Lois McDonald, President, Term Expires: May 2024
- Donna Parrish, Vice-President, Term Expires: May 2026
- Janet Rickelman, Secretary, Term Expires: May 2024
- Richard “Dick” Rue, Assistant Secretary, Term Expires: May 2026
- Scott Sechrist, Assistant Secretary, Term Expires: May 2024
District Contact Information
- Name of Political Subdivision: Harris County Water Control and Improvement District No. 145
- Mailing Address: 1301 McKinney St., Suite 5100, Houston, TX 77010
- Phone: (713) 651-5345
- Email Address: Kathleen.Ellison@NortonRoseFulbright.com